Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Week 8 Fantasy Football

I'm Brian A. Maloney and I approve this message.


Well, well, well. Look who is the number one team in Fantasy Football right now.

TEAM KOOL-AID!!!!

147.15 - 115.35

1st most points scored in the league gives me the tie breaker over the other 3 teams that are 5-3 in the league, 2nd most points scored against too. Good thing my team is high scoring or I'd be in some trouble this year. So we have 4 teams at 5-3, 3 teams at 4-4, 2 teams at 3-5, and one team at 2-6.

As I told you all on Friday, I made a huge trade Friday and then a smaller one after that. I traded away Holt, Welker, and Jags DST for MB3, LenDale, and Jennings. Traded away Jennings and Fred Taylor for Isaac Bruce and Patrick Crayton.

I have a lot more consistency at RB now and real good depth at WR and RB too.

Funny thing to is that I played against the team I traded Holt, Welker, and the Jags too, but still pulled it out.

My top 3: Titans DST - 31, Braylon - 30.4, and Peyton - 24.75 for 86.15

His top 3: Holt - 23, Jags DST - 21, and Carson Palmer - 16.45 for 60.45.

Since it has been awhile let's recap the first round draft picks in my league and their total points scored for the year.

LT - 154.7
S-Jax - 44.5 (missed extensive time to injury)
LJ - 96.9
Addai - 136.7
Peyton - 181.2
Gore - 73.0 (hurt now, what'll happen)
Alexander - 74.0 (washed up?)
Rudi - 40.5 (missed extensive time to injury)
Parker - 126.9
Maroney - 44.8 (missed extensive time to injury)

Peyton is the highest scoring pick out of the first round.

Now, the obvious pink elephant in the room is Tom Brady.

Those that say you can get a qb in the late rounds and it doesn't matter have a point. But what Tom Brady is doing is ridiculous. Think back to the first couple of weeks when he was only getting 30 points.

The problem, is that in our league, the guy who took him also took Shaun Alexnader and Travis Henry in the first and second rounds. So, the weeks that Brady has put up 300+ yards and 5 or 6 TDs he wins because of Brady alone. When Brady is like Brady for real, he loses. Brady has scored just over 30% of this teams total points. Compared to the rest of the league where only 18% of a team's total points is coming from it's highest scorer.

Basically, Brady is the exception (this year) to every possible Fantasy Football rule there may ever be.

This week I'm going to look to make a move for Addai. The team at 2-6 has Addai and has some depth issues, obviously. I'm thinking I can offer any 2 of my rb's and a wr if I have to to land Addai. Thinking a MB3, Thomas Jones, Patrick Crayton for Joe Addai (and Kenton Keith, gotta get that backup) to start with and see what he wants from there. Maybe even throw in Derek Anderson (Kitna is his starter....yikes).

Stay tuned, you never know.

Paid for by the committee to get you to Do the Opposite at your next Fantasy Football Draft.

No comments: