Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Test....


What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

68%

Reformed Evangelical

68%

Emergent/Postmodern

64%

Fundamentalist

64%

Neo orthodox

50%

Modern Liberal

43%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

43%

Classical Liberal

43%

Roman Catholic

25%



I think I am down with the above explanation.

At the crux is the sufficiency of Christ and Salvation through Justification. But also, I'm more Arminian than Calvinist just as the Methodist.

In regards to the church, I am more about relationships and community than only being in the church. But, just as the Methodist, I hold the church in high esteem and believe it is the institution to lead the social action and justice that Jesus preaches and teaches in the gospel.

The Bible is the Word of God. And I am all about life values and the use of reason with the Bible as context.

The Methodist church carries a traditional position that any disciplined theological work calls for the careful use of reason. By reason, it is said, one reads and interprets Scripture. By reason one determines whether one's Christian witness is clear. By reason one asks questions of faith and seeks to understand God's action and will.

This church insists that personal salvation always involves Christian mission and service to the world. Scriptural holiness entails more than personal piety; love of God is always linked with love of neighbour, a passion for justice and renewal in the life of the world. Amen!

But I am not big on tradition and liturgy (Methodist are like Catholics in this regard with the Anglican liturgy) and within the community of believers I rely on dialogue. I'm also not a big fan of a church "hierarchy" if you will. I know I'm in a SBC church now, but if we changed Pastors, the congregation votes on the next it isn't assigned to us.

Seeing what other choices there were, I'd have to agree with the assessment given here.

Surprising

1 comment:

Mark said...

Brian, I scored a 71 on E.H./Wesleyan and a 71 on Emerg./ Post modern. I also scored mid-range on Fundamentalist and very low on Catholic. I appreciate the fact that your #'s are high but moderate on several different labels. I think that's an indication that your spiritual perspective is thoughtful, open-minded, and balanced--but not dogmatic. Rather than tending to follow the party line, you are trying to recognize truth wherever you can find it.