Saturday, August 25, 2007

Do the Opposite in Full Effect - Fantasy Football Draft Results

Following my own advice, my draft could not have turned out much better than it did. If you remember in my previous post I made the claim that you do not need to take rb-rb (and maybe even rb again in the 3rd) to win fantasy football. After the first 3 big guns were off the board (LT, S-Jax, and LJ) take Peyton and go WR-WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. From round 4-8 draft all the "sleeper" backs and if one of those guys strikes it big...payday is yours. Too many "can't miss, must have in the first, second, or third round" running backs are a bust every year. While guys taken in the mid to late rounds (or not drafted at all) blow up and become top 10 producing backs. Meanwhile, the QB and WR positions stay consistent every year.

It's worked for me in the past, and I very confident it works for me this year.

Here are my draft picks in order taken (I had the 5th pick in a 10 team league, standard snake draft).

Peyton Manning
Torry Holt
Roy Williams
Thomas Jones
Adrian Peterson
Fred Taylor
Ladell Betts
Braylon Edwards
Jacksonville DST
Donte Stallworth
DeShaun Foster
Jake Delhomme
Randy McMichael
Devin Hester
Gostkowski (New England's kicker)

I'll roll most weeks

QB - Manning
WR - Holt
WR - Williams
RB - Jones
RB - Peterson
FLEX - Taylor
TE - McMichael
K - Gostkowski
DEF - Jaxville


And my depth is pretty amazing too....Braylon and Stallworth with a huge flyer on Devin Hester. Chicago is claiming he's going to start at WR this year, with as fast as he is, he could be a Lee Evans type guy. It's a flyer...big deal.

Ladell Betts and DeShaun Foster as backup RBs are solid 4th and 5th backs to have and in the past 2 years, have themselves put together quality seasons. When Portis gets hurt this year, Betts will step in and carry my team.

This could not have worked out better for me.

I'll try and provide updates as the season progresses.

No comments: