Friday, September 07, 2007

Fantasy Football Updates


I'm going to put my neck out there all year and show you how my Do the Opposite strategy to fantasy football can and will work to as much or even more success than the vaunted you must take a RB in each of the first 2, if not 3 rounds.

For an explanation of the Do the Opposite click here.

Or for a quick synopsis read this: Unless you can draft LT or S-Jax, I say go Peyton Manning in the 1st round, and then take an elite WR in rounds 2 and 3, and mop up rounds 4 - 8 with sleeper rb's and the 2nd half of those teams that incorporate a RBBC approach.
And then finally, to prove to you I practice what I preach, here is the team I ended up with.
Or for a quick synopsis read this: I had the 5th overall pick and took Peyton. Followed up by Holt in the 2nd, and Roy Williams in the 3rd. In rounds 4 - 8 I went Thomas Jones, Adrian Peterson, Fred Taylor, and Ladell Betts.
And boy, do I like my chances....
Last night the Colts beat up on the Saints 41-10. Peyton Manning is still the same freakish football robot, churning out touchdowns and commercials like arrest warrants for Bengals. Manning went 18-30 for 288 and 3 touchdowns (no INTs) last night while the Saints heralded offensive stars, Drew Brees and Reggie Bush, combined for a California king full if feces, which is infuriating because -- most people took Reggie over Peyton (gotta have that stud running back).
The other notable performance last night was by Saints corner Jason David. He arrived in New Orleans via free agency after starting for the Colts in the Super Bowl, so you think he might have some kind of advantage against his former team, having practiced regulary against Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Or, you know, maybe he got torched for three touchdowns. (To his credit, he also forced a fumble and returned it for the only Saints TD.) Which just further proves the "never trust someone with a first name for a last name" theory.
The team I am playing against did have Marvin Harrison and Joe Addai. But Peyton outscored both of them individually.
Peyton went off for 32.4 points while Addai (27.1) and Marvin combined (14.3) for 41.4.
So I am down only 9 points and the other teams "stud running" back has already played.
I like my chances.

No comments: