Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week 3 Fantasy Football

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy Williams went Chad Johnson and I stayed in control pretty much all day (even with DeShaun Foster and 30+ points on the bench and knowing my opponent had Vince Young going last night).

168.05 to 141.69



So, yes, I guess I will go up against 140 points every week but I finally was the beneficiary of some spectacular afternoons by my Kool-Aid team.

My top 3 Roy Williams (52.2), Adrian Peterson (25.2), and Jags DST (24) for 101.4

His top 3 Donald Driver (26.2), Willie Parker (22.5), and Vince Young (20.3) for 69.0

The other stud "RBs"

Gore - 5.1 (39.2 season total)
Alexander - 15.8 (52.5 season total) who is now hurt with a cracked wrist
Rudi - 4.2 (39.7 season total) who now left his game in the 4th with a groin injury
Parker - 22.5 (65.2 season total)

And Peyton - 19.65 for a season total of 77.25

Top RB in the whole league is Brian Westbrook (who will not be playing the Lions every week) with 81.5 grand total. He's also the only RB to be outscoring Peyton for the year.

And while I cannot blame the top 2 guys in our league taking LT and S-Jax, they have vastly underperformed and now S-Jax is out for Week 4.

The marquee QBs and WRs are still the most consistent week in and week out. Manning and Palmer will always be available to any player who wants them, no matter what pick you have (unless people start going Do the Opposite all over your draft). And then the top 5 WRs of Marvin, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, TO, and Steve Smith are still always the same 5 every year. You can get any of those 2 players in the first 2 rounds of every draft. Throw in the second tier players of Antonio Gates, Reggie Wayne, Roy Williams, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Houshmanzadeh who are sometimes asked to carry a fantasy team's WR corp and you get them as your number #2.

Really, all that is required of you employing this method is the "sack" to pull it off and then research those mid-round rb's to see which rbs you should grab in the middle rounds. In 2005, Rudi fell to me in the 4th, 2006 Westbrook fell to me in the 4th, and this year Thomas Jones fell to me in the 4th. I grabbed Adrian Peterson in the 5th and was able to get DeShaun Foster in round 11! So I am rolling Peyton, Holt, Roy Williams, AP, T. Jones, and Foster every week.

Do the Opposite!!

No comments: