Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Week 2 Fantasy Football

Improvement over last week...same result.

Chad Johnson went Chad Johnson on me.

In our league we have a saying called "going Chad Johnson" on someone. If you remember back to last year. CJ had a game where he went for 260 receiving yards and 3 tds. In our league that got him 70+ points. (5 point bonus at 100 yards, 10 point bonus at 200 yards, plus 2 points/10 yards after 100 yards, and 3 pts/10 yards after 200 yards). Last year, that team needed 60+ points from CJ to win their game, and it happened.

Well I got Chad Johnsoned.

131.8 to 122.3. So, so frustrating. CJ went off for 59.7 points.

I was winning heading into the Monday night game, but the team I was playing had the Philly Defense and Mcnabb going, I knew my chances were slim, very slim. I needed a McNabb injury or brutal game and a Washington blow-out. I got close but......

Riiiiiiiiiight.

His top 3 scorers: Chad Johnson (59.7), Cedric Benson (16.1), and McNabb (13.5) to total 89.3. So yes, one of his players accounted for over 45% of his scoring.

My top 3: Jags Defense for 27 (hey they showed up a week too late), Peyton 25.2 and Holt 23.1 to total 75.3.

As for the other "stud rbs

Gore - 20.5 (34.1 season total)
Alexander - 13.5 (36.7 season total)
Rudi - 26.9 (35.5 season total)
Parker - 26.9 (42.7 season total)

Peyton is outscoring them all at 57.6. Matter of fact, the onlyRB that is outscoring Peyton is Jamel Lewis!!! And he's been on the team that owns him bench for the first 2 weeks. I know it is only 2 weeks, but the funny thing is that the first 5 teams that drafted are a combined 2-8.

But, it is only 2 weeks. And I am 0-2, but only one game out of the playoffs.

But this trend has got to change. I did have Braylon Edwards riding the pine this week and if I would have played him I would have won the game. That's the way it goes.

We'll see what happens.

No comments: