Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Week 13 Fantasy Football

I'm Brian A. Maloney and I approve this message.

Well, I lost 108.3 to 145.6 to finish at 8-5. But, I did win the divison on tie-breakers and the number 1 seed in the playoffs (I am the New England Patriots....ha) and have earned a much needed bye week for next week. Favre hurt, Roy Williams hurt and probably out for the year, LenDale White also hurt with a dislocated finger, and Braylon is nursing a hamstring injury. The Pitt defense will be facing New England in Week 14 as well. So, what a perfect time to not have to worry about anything except my WR depth is hurt now. I do have Patrick Crayton and Anthony Gonzalez, so things aren't too bad.

I do wonder if I could have won this week's game if Favre and Roy hadn't gotten hurt and played less than half the game. Maybe not, but I did lose out on $45 by not winning the most points scored in the whole league. I finished second just 16.1 points behind the leader. That's a bummer, but Fantasy Football thrives on the coulda, woulda, shoulda dilema

I did kind of back into the divison championship, sort of. I started the season 0-2, then got to 1-3. before going 7-2 down the stretch and so taking the divison isn't "backing into it" necessarily. I know the Championship isn't won, but I've done a pretty good job proving that if you can't get your hands on the top 2 or 3 rb in all the land (even though S-Jax and LJ have burned many teams this year) you DO NOT need to draft a RB in the first 3 rounds to have legitmate fantasy football success.

So, there really won't be much of an update for week 14.

My top 3 - Braylon for 30.8, Ryan Grant with 21.8, and the Pitt D with 17 to total 69.6

His top 3 - Romo with 42.9, Mcgahee went for 30.7, and Andre Johnson with 24.2 for a total of 97.8.

Recap. I lost this week, but still won the divison, took the number one seed in the playoffs and all this from a team that drafted no RB until the 4th round (Thomas Jones), started 0-2, and had an average of 133.49 points scored against every week. Matter of fact, only one other team had over 1700 points scored him he finished with 1,770 and I had 1,735 scored against.

I still feel there are some doubters so hopefully I win this whole thing and can prove it.

Paid for by the committee to get you to Do the Opposite at your next Fantasy Football Draft.

No comments: