Monday, May 15, 2006

Take Me to Your Leader

Which in this case is me!!!!

Yep

Our usual Life Group leader is on vacation this week and so he has asked me to lead our Life Group this week. He asked me some time ago actually, but I failed to realize that it is the same week as my brother's wedding. He is getting hitched on Saturday. As such this week is extremely busy for my wife and I. As it is, I am the best man and Michele is the matron of honor (my brother is marrying Michele's best friend...they met at our wedding, awww...isn't that poetic...bleh!!).

Anyway, I am actually more nervous or excited or anxious whatever to lead the Life Group on Wednesday night than all my "Best Man" duties (tuxes, keep 5 or 6 grown but immature men inline for Saturday, the speech, etc.). I have taught and led before, but in this case, these people are all adults. Most could be my mom or dad, and a couple could be my grandma or grandpa. Matter of fact on the norm, outside of kids, there are only 3 people younger than me that usually attend (my wife, her sister and husband).

They have more life and church experiences to go on. A couple of them can rattle off Bible verses, like Jack Van Impe, to every possible situation. Going back to my last post, they are more like the prodigal son's brother, the older brother. Been in church all their lifes for many years. Been hard at work and dutiful to God. I am the young guy in the back at Life group who is just the host that asks all the crazy questions and makes the crazy remarks. Wait until I tell them that I prepared some of the lesson at a Sports Bar enjoying a Sam Adams and watching the Pistons game on Saturday. That would be a great ice-breaker!!!

Truth be told, I probably will not tell them that. But my wife got a kick out of it when I did it. Overall, I believe the lesson will be engaging and good allowing for an interesting discussion. I may post it here later on or give the results or feedback afterwards. For now, just pray.

Thanks

No comments: